Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Paw Patrol Party

Paw Patrol Party!!!!

My little Caboose turned four this week! How is it that my baby boy is 4 years old? Like most four-year-olds, he loves Paw Patrol. He was supposed to have had a Paw Patrol party last year when he turned 3 but decided to do a superhero party instead. This year he was adamant that he would have his Paw Patrol cake, although I did try to persuade him into a shark party. He was a great help in designing the cake, and his biggest request was that he could keep the figures after the cake was eaten. Mama didn't argue with that one. I definitely didn't want to create all six of the characters out of fondant. I found the little figurines at the local Dollar Tree!!! Can't beat that!

His other request was that his name had to be on the cake. 

And he needed a great big 4 on top!

Have you ever wondered how to get elements of the cake to look exactly like a cartoon or toy? Well here you go. I sketch it out on wax paper. I layer the wax paper and draw each color on a different sheet. After the entire design is sketched out I cut them out of the wax paper and then cut it out of fondant using the wax paper as a stencil. Below is my sketch of the Paw Patrol lookout tower.



And here is my little cutie seeing his cake for the first time. He was so excited.


We held the party at a local swimming pool and clubhouse. I knew that the kiddos would not spend much time inside the clubhouse so I didn't bother with too many decorations. The centerpieces were a fun little craft I found on Pinterest using Paw Patrol party plates and tissue paper.


Scooby snacks and Reese's Puffs cereal were the perfect addition to a puppy themed party. I found the cute little dog food bowls at the Dollar Tree. After a good soaking in Dish Detergent they were the perfect serving dish for the party.

This was such a fun little party. And my birthday boy loved his cake. If you have any questions or need details or any help creating a Paw Patrol cake or party of your own feel free to shoot me an email at hopessweetcakes@gmail.com. Also you can find me on Facebook at Hope's Sweet Cakes.

Happy Caking!!!
Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment