Monday, June 15, 2015

Little Blue Truck Cake

This week I had the privilege of creating a cake for a sweet friends little baby boy turning one. Whit is the cutest, little baby with the most adorable smile ever! I was so excited to bring his favorite book to life in cake.




This is how I created it. I often get messages asking where I buy my pans for my shaped cakes. Well...no special pans needed. I just bake sheet cakes and carve away. Of course, I didn't think to take any before carving pictures of the sheet cakes, but this is two full size sheet cakes on the bottom and then two smaller square cakes for the cab of the truck. I went ahead and stacked them with buttercream in the layers and then froze it overnight for easier carving. 






 The tag has the little boy's name on it. 

And you can 't have a first birthday without an adorable smash cake!!!!




I just loved this little truck cake! I hope you enjoyed my little tutorial of sorts. Please feel free to email me or contact me on facebook if you have any questions or would like advise on creating your own Little Blue Truck cake. 




1 comment:

  1. what type of icing did you use for the truck? (the blue stuff) Fondant?

    ReplyDelete