Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Alice in Wonderland Themed Wedding Cakes

This was the most fun couple. The bride wanted the outside of her cake to be all white and super simple, while the inside was strawberry cake layered with bright purple icing. I am sure it was a good surprise for the guests when she cut into it. I can't wait to see pictures and hopefully share with you. 



 The Groom's cake on the other hand was full blown Alice in Wonderland! He was so open to anything I wanted to create. It was a joy to work with them. 
This was a four tiered cake of 12/9/6/carved 6 inches. All of the details and figures are completely edible and made of marshmallow fondant. 

I carved the hat from a six inch cake and covered in green fondant. I then sponge painted dark green color onto it to give it the suede/velvet texture. The band around the hat was pink fondant and then I antiqued it with a little wash of brown color diluted with vanilla extract.


The rocks were given more texture by brushing on a little black color. The door knob was made in a gold fondant and I antiqued it with a brown wash as well and then went over it with a shimmery gold dust. 








No comments:

Post a Comment