Wednesday, April 15, 2015

School House Cake for Fox 6 Weatherman Wes Wyatt

I was so honored to create another cake for Helena Elementary School. Today Fox 6 WBRC's meteorologist Wes Wyatt visited with the second grade to discuss weather safety. It was so fun and the children had a blast. I once read that Helena Elementary is in the oldest school building in the state....so I thought I would play off of that and make an Old School House Cake. It was originally scheduled for March so the cake/school house was going to be surrounded by penguins playing in the snow. Well...the event was "snowed" out. Schools were closed that day and his visit was rescheduled for today. I already had my heart set on creating this nostalgic school house so I had to change the design up a bit. I got lots of input from my boys and husband. The boys insisted on a husky being on the cake! Wes Wyatt seemed to love it and that's all that matters!







No comments:

Post a Comment