Sunday, August 12, 2012

Super Hero Week

 I created this Super Hero Cake for my biggest fan....little Will. Every time he sees me at church he will say to his parents "There's Mrs. Hope!". He just lights up my day....got to be the sweetest and cutest kid ever (other than my two of course). It was a thrill to create yet another cake for this sweet family. I tried to fit as many super heros on here as I possibly could...and he approved. Of course I had to do the test and make sure he could name everyone that was represented. And he passed with flying colors....or I should say that I passed by making them look good enough that he knew who it was supposed to represent.
 We have Spiderman!
 Hulk!
 Superman!
 Iron Man!
 Captain America!!! (man oh man that is a crooked picture)
And last but not least, Batman!

I have created several other cakes for this sweet family over my short cake making career. I thought you might like to see them as well.
Above is Will's 3rd Birthday Toy Story Bed cake...the headboard and footboard were made of fondant. This is one of my favorite cakes. Below Little Sister's 1st and 2nd Birthday Cakes along with a book cake made to replicate the cover of a book penned by Dad. I got to talk to that man about getting a cake for Mom sometime. She has got to be feeling a little left out by this point...lol.

This week I also had the opportunity to create a cake for another returning family. This three tiered "mini" Super Hero cake was created for Griffin. I call this a mini because it is smaller than my standard three tiered cake, but it is not small my any stretch of the imagination. It consists of 9 inch/6 inch/ and 4 inch tiers and stands about 2 foot high, serving around 40 to 50 guests. Now...I must say that we copied this cake exactly from a cake we found on Pinterest. I hope the original designer finds imitation the best form of flattery.  

 The Dino Cake was for his big brother just a couple months ago and Thomas was his last year. I just love knowing that my cakes keep families coming back! I wouldn't have it any other way.

I had just one other Super Hero cake, but it is so special that I think it deserves it's own post! See you next time. 

2 comments:

  1. You are incredible! I would love to have half of your cake making talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love your cakes!! You have amazing talent!!

    I was wondering...how much would the first Super Hero Cake cost?

    ReplyDelete