Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Purple Wedding Cake

 I created the little dancer figure above as a cake topper. It was to be added to a Grandma-made first birthday cake. I love that I get to be a part of such special times in a child's life. And even better...they can keep the figure for years as a reminder of the big day.
 My sweet, sweet neighbor turned 4 this week. When I asked what kind of cake she wanted, she declared "DORA.....I mean TINKERBELL!!!". Her mom gave me free rein to create whatever I wanted and this is what I came up with.
 Obviously, the figure is just a toy, but I just loved how she looked in proportion to the fondant flower.
 The Purple Wedding Cake! The Bride asked me to have it mimic her dress. She also said she wanted to be surprised. I did create it to mimic her dress, and I also threw in a huge surprise. The entire inside of the cake was deep purple to match her wedding colors. I loved her expression as her and her brand new hubby cut into the cake and pulled that first slice out.
 (Please excuse the horrible lighting. They had the lighting turned down very low for party guests.)
I haven't had the opportunity to create very many wedding cakes as of yet, but it is such a joy to be part of such a very special occasion. I can't wait to do it again!

1 comment:

  1. The post is written in very a good manner and it contains many useful information for me. best birthday cakes orange county

    ReplyDelete