Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Roll Tide or War Eagle???

Now if you live around here you are more than likely yelling out one or the other. I am completely unbiased, so you can imagine my amusement when I was asked to create a sweet treat honoring both teams this past weekend. I was the only person in my kitchen to see them together, but I must say that it was slightly awkward....hehehehe.

 I made a nice little batch of Auburn Cupcakes.
 And I also created this houndstooth Alabama Cake. I think I may possibly be the only person in the world who has a houndstooth cutter. I wanted to make an Alabama cake many months ago and searched to no avail for a cutter. I looked everywhere I could think to look. So...my wonderful hubby created one for me. He is the best! Even with the cutter, cutting out several hundred of these little buggers is enough to drive any body crazy. So...even though I am not an Alabama fan per say....I am very partial to this cake!

I have also created a couple other Auburn and Alabama cakes in my short career as a cake artist. I am sure you are dying to see them as well! Here you go!



I love living in Helena, Alabama. I think the battle between Alabama and Auburn is what makes it so great!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment