Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Ponies and Flowers for Julia!

I must start this blog post by saying that Julia is the most precious little girl I know. I just adore this kid. She was in my 2 year old class at Valleydale's mother's day out program and I just fell in love with her. She is just a bundle of pure joy! I adore my boys...but being around a little lady as cute as her almost makes me want a little girl....well...almost.

I also love that her mom always gives me free reign to design the cake. Pink and purple were the only requirements. So I added in as much sparkle as I could....of course the pictures do not pick up all that glorious sparkle...boooo!
 The ponies are both created out of fondant and 100% edible. They can also be saved and will dry really hard and can be kept for years to come.


This is cake number 4 for this wonderful family. I so love being a part of the celebrations for all the children in a family. I thought I would show you last years cakes for this crew.
 I created this cake for Julia's 3rd birthday. It was one of my first cakes...but still one of my favorites. My only requirements for it were pink and purple as well. The cake below was created for big sister Carolyn. I designed it to coordinate with the plate at the very bottom. I just loved this cake. So girlie!





And then there is sweet, sweet Colin. Colin has was in my "baby class" on Wednesday nights until he was walking. I feel in love with this adorable baby boy. Him and my youngest son are still in Sunday School together and they are so very cute together. Needless to say, this was a very special treat to be able to create a cake for him.






I can't wait to see what I will get to create for Carolyn and Colin this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment