Monday, November 7, 2011

Auburn Cakes vs Alabama Cakes

Auburn vs Alabama!!!! Being from Mississippi, this whole battle is new to me. Personally, I don't have a favorite...but I must say Auburn fans seem to like having me make cakes for their special occasions....... So, I thought I would share my cakes for both sides. Roll Tide!!!! or....... War Eagle!!!!

A little surprise birthday cake for a good friends hubby!


 An adorable cheerleading cake for a precious little girl.


A very awesome baby shower cake. 

 And last but not least an Alabama themed cake for a surprise 40th birthday party. With Big Al sporting the last name of the birthday boy...I mean man. This was one of my first cakes, so if anyone out there would like to provide the opportunity for me to make it again...and make it better, I am game.


Well, there you have it. Hope you enjoyed! And just for fun here are a few other teams I have had the privilege to represent in sugar.

This cake I made for my husband. It was only about my fourth fondant cake to make, so please excuse the sloppiness. 

Oh Bully....he has seen better days. I worked on this little doggie for hours and was just not happy with the final product...luckily it was for my hubbs so it wasn't such a big deal. He liked it....and still has the little guy.
This cute little Tennessee cake was my very first cake to create for a customer. I call it the Tennessee Gizmo cake. The kitty on top is supposed to look like the beloved kitty, Gizmo, of the birthday boy. I was going for the cat on top of a blanket look. I was pretty proud of it...and when the man called immediately after his wife gave him the cake to tell me how much he loved, it sealed the deal that I would be creating cakes for a long time to come. It is such a great feeling when I know I am making something that is going to make someone so happy.

 
And then we have my Florida Gators Cake! Again, this cake was created when I was just getting into this cake making world. Sometimes it is so hard to look back at pictures from the beginning because I see all those little flaws that I would know exactly how to prevent now. This cake was for a very loved and respected pastor of a local church. 


So, how much do you love your team??? Enough to have them made in sugar???

No comments:

Post a Comment