Friday, October 21, 2011

All About the Girls

 I just love this funky little cake. Not much to say about it. Pink, purple, and lime green says it all. How fun!!! And Savana seems to one fun little girl. I sure hope she loved it....mom says she didn't want to cut it.





War Eagle!!!!...well....not really. But I guess I had to be a fan for the week. I just adore the blue and orange together. So bright and cheerful. And I adore this Auburn Cheer Cake as well.

 The scrapbook cake!!! Now first let me start by saying I have never created a scrapbook page in my life. I buy the books that already have everything on them and you just stick your pictures in. So I had to do a little research for this one. And one of the very first sample pages I came across had this little belly silhouette with the ultrasound in the tummy. Oh how I love Facebook. I immediately went on facebook to her page and found the perfect ultrasound picture. This was one of my most personal cakes. I hope she loved it as much as I loved creating it for her.
 Is this not the cutest little guitar cake ever! I just love these colors. The original plan was to make a small guitar to serve around 10 or so but this little thing just took on a life of it's own. It ended up being large enough to serve about 40. I really enjoy sculptural cakes such as this one. And my hubby plays guitar so I had a couple around the house to use as inspiration....but none with lime green flowers on them!
 Flirty Thirty!!!!!! This pink and purple cake even caught me by surprise. I create each and every cake with the true intent of making it the best cake I can. Sometimes the design requests make that part of the job so much easier. This was one fun cake and one fun client. She pretty much said make whatever.... as long as it is fun and funky! It was cute until I put the feather and wires on and then it was so funky! I was thrilled and just knew she was going to love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment