Sunday, August 28, 2011

Karate, Toy Story, and a Baby Shower

 Yep, my titles are really intense...right? Well this was a fun week. I loved this Katate Cake. It was so fun....of course the most fun part was trying to get the letters in his name to look "Karate...ish".  And this nice little cake had a good ways to travel as well. But they were nice enough to post pictures of the birthday boy with his cake, and I was relieved to see that it made it there in one piece. It is funny to me when someone says "Well once it is out of your hands you don't have to worry about it." or "You did your part....it is their cake now." I never feel that way. That cake is my baby. I work hard to make each cake as perfect as I can and the thought of it not being that perfect when it makes it to the person who is celebrating just about breaks my heart.
 I made fun little silhouettes to go all the way around the cake.
 Toy Story! We are a Toy Story lovin' family so I had lots of inspiration for this cake. Not to mention a little boy who it had to wins approval before it could even make it to the birthday boy.

 I loved how the wood grain turned out on this headboard. ......you know, it is the little things in life that bring us joy! lol I kept opening the fridge to check it out. I was just a tad proud....I know.....it's silly.
 Nice pillow, huh? I actually made a fondant "pillow case". I thought it looked more real than just making a square.

 More of that lovely wood grain effect.
 And I also had the great pleasure of making a baby shower cake for one of my dearest friends. Several months ago I made the "Reveal Cake" for her. She had her doctor text me the results of the ultrasound so that even she and the father to be did not know the sex of the baby until they cut into the cake that afternoon with their family. I was so honored to make it and again honored to make this cake.

 I am just loving this cupcake stand. I have used it a couple times now and just adore it. Some people just like cupcakes so this is a wonderful way to give them both.
 And this is my sweet friend with her cake. Okay...I realize it doesn't really look that much like her.....as my four year old informed me....but hey I tried!
It was a great week of cakes. So much fun. I always look forward to the strange combinations my weeks seem to hold. Hope you all have a very blessed week. And remember to take some time and eat something sweet...it makes life so much better!

2 comments:

  1. Do you know how much I loved this cake?! Love love love it!!! My "fondant girl" is still sitting on our kitchen counter. I feel like she's a member of our family now. You did such a great job and oh my goodness it was delicious. Thanks friend!! You made our shower so special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fabulous job on the cake, and I think the little fondant girl looks like a good resemblance of Kristen! Thanks again for making the shower so special for Kristen & Matt!

    ReplyDelete