Monday, August 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Little Man!




 Alright, alright. I know this is supposed to be a blog about the cakes that I make, but I just had to share all of the fun party details. My little man turned 2 this week. It is such a joy to make a cake for my own kiddo! I loved it. I was of course just a tad bit obsessive, but I wanted it to be perfect. I included all of his favorite things. Him on the front holding his ever present yellow blanket...why in the world he would choose the one yellow blanket that I did pack up when we found out he was a boy to be his favorite thing in the world is beyond me. We have big brother behind the wheel...is that what you call it on a train? Then a car full of "ruff ruffs" as he would say. And last but not least a car full of farm animals. The story behind the cow and the sheep is actually quite funny. He has a sheep stuffed animal that "baas" when you squeeze it but for some reason he calls it "my moo". So I thought it was funny to put them both on there side by side. And you can't see Mr. Piggie trying to escape from this angle.
 Here are the puppies. Notice the tongue hanging out.
 Awww, there is Mr. Piggie.
 And Birthday Boy on the front with Big Brother driving this thing.


 I tried making cake pops for the first time. They may not have been the best looking culinary creations, but boy oh boy were they yummy. I can't wait to make some more!
 And mini cupcakes....yes....I did have a ton of cake left over!
 And here is the party spread. it was so yummy!....yep that is a plate of fruit right there...you see it? Right there on the left.
 Goodie Bags! Each party goer got to take home a plaster train bank to paint...along with the paint and a brush.

 My sweet little man! I think it was merging on naptime at this point.
 Cake anyone? The hubs was a great assistant.
 Big Brother enjoying the cake.
 Birthday Boy digging in. He like it!
Thank you to everyone who came out to celebrate with us. It was a lot of fun. Can't wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment