Sunday, July 24, 2011

My First Wedding!!!

My first wedding cake!!! My first wedding cake!!! My first wedding cake!!! I feel like I have graduated to a new level. I am so very excited. Weddings are so very special to me. So finally being able to create a centerpiece for a bride was a meaningful time in my "cake baking career...hobby".


Simple, clean, and elegant! Need I say more? I fell in love with this cake. When the bride first told me what she had in mind, I was a little disappointed. I mean, I love loud, busy cakes. As I was taking pictures of it, I was so proud. Simply beautiful. I sure hope she loved it as much as I did.

Skull and bones anyone? The skull is rice treats covered in fondant atop a 9 inch cake. I am not a huge fan of skulls, but I thought it turned out pretty good. I hear the birthday boy liked it...and that is all that matters!
From skulls to poodles...what variety. That is why I love what I do. There is something new every week with a new challenge. I love it! This cake was just so darn cute. Sweet Kennedy has been in Sunday School with my little boy since they were only months old, so I was very excited to make a cake for her. And trust me, she is as adorable as the cake.





I even made cute little mini cupcakes to match. They were so much fun....simply bite sized!

Pokemon...Black and White!!! I made a cake for this little boy's mom and dad earlier in the year so I think this makes my first completely family. I love knowing that the cakes I put so much time and love into can become a family tradition! As you can imagine this one was made with great excitement. And he came by a few times to make sure I was getting all the details correct. The little characters are plastic...there was just no way I would have been able to do them justice.


 Water

 Earth
 And Fire
Well....that was a fun week. I just love the variety and the challenge that each new cake brings. Thank you all for allowing me to be a part of your special day. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment