Sunday, July 24, 2011

Dr. Seuss, Fancy Nancy, Fun with Trains!!!

Dr. Seuss!! Love it!!! I have been patiently waiting for someone to order a Dr. Seuss cake! It was so much fun. Yes...it is supposed to be leaning...Topsy Turvy as it is called. So much fun!
Thing 1 hand sculpted out of fondant and 100% edible.
 And Thing 2
 A fun little fuzzy tree!
And a nice and messy smash cake for the birthday boy to dig into!
Is this not just the cutest thing ever? The customer requested the cake stand and I am so happy she did. I decorated it with scrapbooking paper and cute ribbon. It added so much to the entire cake!
Beautiful little 6 inch cake topped with a tea kettle made of rice treats covered in fondant! So much fun!


Again, I got to make cupcakes!

We will just call this one the Train Track Cake. I made the 3D fondant train to match the train pictured on the party plates. This sweet little boy is also a friend of my youngest son. They have been together in Sunday School since they were only months old. Colin also has two beautiful little sisters who I also got to make cakes for this year. What a blessing to be a part of the celebration of three children this year!



 Milk!!! and cookie dough.

Cookie Dough...fondant cookie dough!

Well, that all she wrote! It was a great week. I loved all the bright colors. And I got to make two cake silhouettes that I have not tried in the past...true topsy turby and also the hourglass shape of the Fancy Nancy. I also discovered that I love cup cake stands! I will be purchasing several of these and adding them to my price list. 

It is so hard to believe I am coming up on my one year anniversary of making cakes. July 30, 2010 was the first time I made a fondant cake for my baby boy's first birthday. As I look back at all the wonderful cakes I have had the opportunity to make and all of little kiddos that those cakes made happy....I am truly blessed. I have met so many new friends and grown closer to friends I have known for years. Making cakes was not in my plan...or the foreseeable future, but God had a different plan. And boy does He know what He is doing! I give Him all the praise, honor and glory!!!!
Love you all!
Hope

2 comments:

  1. Your cakes look amazing. The toopsy turvy cake has to be a favorite though. I’m glad you enjoyed making these and also congratulations on the upcoming first anniversary of your business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make your upcoming event one nothing short of unforgettable. Get a yummy ice cream cake from Cold Stone Creamery. Our cakes are layered with your favorite premium ice cream, mix-ins, and moist cake. bakery surprise az

    ReplyDelete