Saturday, March 12, 2011

What a Week!

A fire truck and a unicorn...how much more different could two cakes be? It was a crazy busy week, but so much fun. Only having boys, I really get into the "girlie" cakes. The unicorn started out as a butterfly cake, but the little girl changed her mind as all little girls do. I was a little disappointed at first, but I really enjoyed making this one. I still managed to fit a butterfly in after all. The mom sent me this picture of a plate the child had picked out.
This family is so dear to me, so I really wanted to impress them. When they came to pick the cake up, the little girl's face just lit up. She seemed to love it! I was so happy and it couldn't have been for a sweeter family!
Flower "polka dots!
There is that butterfly!
And a hand sculpted fondant unicorn to match the plate. Although it is edible, it will also dry really hard and can be kept for years as a keepsake of the event!



And then it was on to the fire truck. Now, it was a late addition for the week, but boy am I ever happy I got to make it. I made a fire truck for my little boy's 3rd birthday back before I actually made cakes. I thought I was the stuff back then. I was so proud of my homemade cake! When my friend called to see if I could add her to schedule I was all over it. Her entire family was so sweet. They kept bragging on the cake. It was such an encouragement to me. This is why I make cakes!!!!!
The 2 was a last minute addition. My hubby insisted that it had to have a number so I rolled the fondant out this morning and added one. In the end I was happy he talked me into it (just don't tell him that).
And what is a fire truck without some gauges.
I thought it would be fun to see how far I have come in a year and a half. It is funny to think of how very proud I was of this cake. And honestly, the feeling I had about this cake back then is what lead me to where I am today. What a blessing! God had the future all laid out...I just had to wait on His timing!!!

I hope you all have a wonderfully sweet week!!!


2 comments:

  1. Amazing transformation - and this is an encouragement to me on the journey I am on with God. I wonder where I'll be in a year and a half too. I had some of Carolyn's cake - it was the hit of the party and delicious too. Sending an email your way asap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superbly written article, if only all bloggers offered the same content as you, the internet would be a far better place.. louise cakes and things hoover al

    ReplyDelete