Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tangled!!!!

Tangled! Have you seen the movie yet? If not, go see it! Right now...I mean it...get off the computer and go see it. So cute. Loved it! I can't wait to see it again. And yes, even though I have boys, it will be added to our movie collection.

So, you can imagine how excited I was to get to make a "Tangled" cake. It was for an adorable little lady turning 4 years old. I tried to give it a beautiful castle feel but still have the "tangled" tower effect. I was really pleased with the final product.
 I tried to give it the feel of the tower...minus the gloom of her being locked in it for 18 years.
Just a little shot of the back. You know I am all about making sure the back is just as cute as the front. You just never know when someone might happen to walk behind the cake!

 My little extra details.
Just to let you know, thatched roofs are extremely time consuming!  This little roof was formed out of rice treats covered in about a hundred little squares of purple fondant. The little girl's mom loves butterflies, so I thought this one on the very top would be a nice, whimsical touch.

 Okay, making a person...to actually look like a person...is extremely more difficult than I thought it would be. I think she turned out okay, but this is an art I am determined to perfect. I think I will go start practicing right now. 
 Beautifully, wood-grained door.
And more butterflies!

Overall, this was such a fun cake. I love getting to make wonderful, girlie cakes. And, I got to meet a beautiful family in the process. I can't wait to make another cake for them. Such a sweet little girl. When I get to meet the kiddos I am making cakes for, it just adds a whole new dynamic to this cake decorating venture. I love it!

Okay, going to practice making people faces now. Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment