Sunday, March 6, 2011

Record Player and Sweet, Sweet Friends

This week I had the pleasure of making a cake for a very good friend. She has been such a blessing to me and I was so honored when they asked me to make the cake for her birthday. We looked at and considered a few different designs, but when the final decision was left up to me, this is what I came up with. It is so pretty and whimsical...just like her. I hope you have a very blessed birthday!





Happy Birthday Andi!


I also had the opportunity to make a record player cake for a man's 50th birthday surprise party. I felt so honored to be able to make a cake for such a big event. He is an album collector and his favorite is Elton John's 11-17-70. So my hubby and I played around with it and came up with this label to mimic the album label from that record. It was a lot of fun working on it and I was really proud of the finished product. I am also relieved that I did not find some way to ruin the surprise, because everyone that knows me knows that I can not keep a secret to save my life! Many surprise parties have turned out to be just a little less of a surprise thanks to this big mouth...lol. 





Well, I hope you all have a very blessed week. I look forward to sharing beautiful cakes with you again next week! See you then.

Hope

1 comment:

  1. Love the record player! And you are good at keeping surprises--Matt's party was a success!!

    ReplyDelete