Saturday, February 26, 2011

Cheerleader Cake

This week I was asked to make a cake for a cheerleader turning 8 years old. Some of you might not know this, but I was a cheerleader back in the day! Co-captain of the team actually....who cares if it was just Jr. High? That kind of thing sticks with you...right? Well, regardless, I really had fun with this one. The little girl cheers with the ACE Cheer Company so I did a little research and tried to match the uniform on the fondant cheerleader as closely as possible. It turned out so super cute! It made me wish I had a little girl.

Now, the design was fun. Working with red and black fondant....not so much. They are the worst colors to work with! Can I say that just one more time? Red and black are the worst colors to work with. If you are thinking or ordering a red or black cake, give a couple weeks to forget how much I don't like working with these colors! Okay, okay, it wasn't that bad and I was really proud of the end result. And sweet Abigail just made it all worth while. She was the sweetest, most adorable little girl. She just melted my heart the moment I met her and she was so thrilled with the cake. I could do this for the rest of my life if everyone reacted the way she did. I truly wish her the best birthday ever!





Happy Birthday Abigail!

2 comments:

  1. Love the cake! I have seen these uniforms and you did a great job matching it!! awesome! PS--I want a red and black cake :)

    ReplyDelete